I haven't decided how I feel about this new development. Sort of gives me mixed feelings. My first reaction is delight that I could possibly, within the next couple of years, buy an iced DD coffee when living in my new and sweltering climate. On the other hand, there's nothing like taking time for mid-morning and mid-afternoon tea, no matter where you are or what you're doing. It's one of those truly Indian traditions. It just wouldn't be India if you chose an iced coffee on a 95 degree day instead of a warm cup of tea, prepared and served with an extra measure of love. (For the sake of full disclosure, I must admit that when I was last in India there were a few days that I hailed a rickshaw during lunch break and headed down to the local Cafe Coffee Day for a gloriously cool and refreshing beverage...)
This makes me smile to think that we could be enjoying iced coffees from DD at the same time, despite being half a world away from each other. Although, by all means, keep up the Indian tradition too. I would imagine one does not exclude the other. :)
ReplyDelete